Our Culture & Values
We are a team of like-minded individuals who share a passion for working with animals and genuinely like working with one another. We prioritize…
- Running safe operations for the pets and our employees
- Doing things the “right way”
- Ensuring that all of our businesses are growing and profitable
It’s important to remember that this is a hospitality business. We want all of our customers to be treated well and courteously, like at a first class hotel (but a friendly one). Remember, every client is important. Treat every client as if they’re a celebrity you want to impress!
If you have questions please just ask.
Pets are basically people now.
Over 65% of all US households own a pet and over 93% of pet owners consider their pet “part of the family”.
Must Love Pets!
You are joining a team that truly cares about the services we provide because we are pet lovers first and foremost. Our team believes it is our responsibility to keep every pet happy and healthy and care for each as if they are our own.
This means you:
- Believe in challenging yourself to grow professionally and want to be a part of a high performing team.
- Double-check your work to make sure you get the details right every time.
- Arrive to work on time and don’t ever leave the team short staffed.
Every pet, every detail, every day.
Our vision is to become a leader in the competitive pet care industry. We will achieve this vision by building a team of like-minded individuals who care about the work we do and one another.
We care deeply about the safety and well being of every pet that we are entrusted with and treat each as if they are our own. We care about the safety, success and happiness of all of our people individually and the team as a whole.
We do the right thing.
We are honest and truthful in all situations and we don’t cut corners. If we make a mistake we own it and take responsibility and resolve any issues as quickly as possible.
The individuals on our team are positive influences by nature, and our environment breeds positivity. We start with a smile as we build positive relationships with our clients and support our team by working together, lending a hand, and being kind.
We aim to provide best-in-class service to both pets and clients. Our team is professional, respectful, organized, efficient and presentable. Issues are quickly identified, addressed and resolved. The standard of our business is the benchmark that our competition should judge their own operations by. We strive for excellence, our standards are set to HIGH.
Below are just some of our expectations…
- Each pet’s environment is well cared for and respected by our team.
- Pets are fed and medicated according to owner instructions without fail.
- Pets are given extra attention when they need it, with or without the owner’s request.
- We are always providing customer service, whether the customer is present or not.
- Questions are answered expeditiously.
- Promises (“I’ll call you with an update”) are always fulfilled.
- Staff is knowledgeable about pets and their behavior and health.
- Reservations are correctly booked and clients are charged the correct amount.
- Employees are treated with respect and dignity and given recognition for good work.
These standards may seem basic, but performing each day in and day out requires commitment and a true love of pets.
Set A Good Example
It is the responsibility of every employee to set a good example. Clients and other employees are constantly observing your behavior; you are always on display to others.
Setting a good example means quietly and competently completing the task at hand. If you are seen doing non-work related activity, you are setting a poor example. If another employee sees this, they may think that you are lazy and you could end up undermining your own authority, when you ask them to do a task later.
Authority is earned by setting a good example, and by being willing to take on any task, even the messy, unpleasant, or boring ones.
In tandem with setting a good example, being a professional is all about how you present yourself to others.
- Being focused on work and the task at hand
- Being reliable and showing up for work on time everyday
- Seeking more knowledge about your job
- Helping your co-workers to succeed
- Approaching every job as if it is the most important job